Well it would if I didn't use my lab supply and bring the rails up slowly!
The DVDD and DGND pins on the schematic are reversed, what makes it an even more annoying is that the library part is correct so no excuses really!
I've "bodged" a board which powered up fine now with 2 lifted pins/wires. Just need to test it with audio tonight. Given these boards cost $25 I will junk them and order some fixed ones.
In other news I am crunching through building/testing other boards (all release 1.0). Initially building two boxes. One will be a fixed analogue single ended inputs/outputs to play with as a crossover box. The other will be my experimentation box to try anything I can with. The DSP board with an ADAU1450 chip talks fine to SigmaStudio as well. Two out of the 3 LFCSP chips I hand soldered are alive, just one board left to test but that is missing some parts which I have ordered.
I am also working through schematic/PCB designs to release version 1.1. of all current designs with tweaks to layouts (part spacing mostly), errors fixed, and better silkscreen labeling of jumpers/power connectors. The KiCad library will be updated when these are released as I have fixed errors in PCB footprints.
I am also thinking about making this site a little more friendly if I can. Also need to finish content on the hardware page with a little info on each board (think pictures with captions and so on).
An electronics engineer and a long term electronics hobbyist. I like tinkering with stuff and making things.